Worldwide there is a growing interest in Softbills and this new Double Disc DVD, believed to be the first of its kind in the world, will provide you with information on more than 85 softbill species, as well as the opportunity to learn lots of valuable tips from three of South Africa’s leading Softbill breeders : Mossie Webber (Turacos) William Horsfield (Toucans) and Graeme Hoffman (Barbets, Starlings, Jays and Hornbills)
Some of the most beautiful birds in the world belong to the popular softbill group, which can be kept in planted aviaries and in essence feed on a diet of fruit, nectar etc. The description, �Softbill� does not mean that they have soft beaks, but refers to the fact that unlike parrots or finches they do not feed predominantly on nuts or seeds.
With the increasing availability of specialist avian nutrition for Softbills, more and more aviculturists are turning their skills to the challenge of breeding these magnificent birds. For many bird keepers and breeders the ultimate test of this fascinating hobby is to see if they can successfully breed Softbills, which are often well-known for their challenging mating habits and their wonderful calls.
The Double Disc DVD, Keeping and Breeding Softbills, includes:
- Aviary options suitable for Softbills
- Where best to position your aviaries
- Suitable aviary plants
- Nests and nesting materials
- Tips for safety flights and service passages.
- Preparation of correct dietary requirements
- Cultivating your own live food e.g. crickets, mealworms etc.
- How to successfully breed pinkies and fuzzy baby mice
- A convenient Softbill Diet Guide Plan is included in the DVD
- Valuable Health Care Tips
- Setting up a bird room
- Nesting , Incubation and Brooder info
- Acquiring new stock
- Quarantine facilities
- Security and healthcare management
- Eliminating pests and rodents
- Advice from three of South Africa’s leading Softbill breeders : Mossie Webber (Turacos) William Horsfield (Toucans) and Graeme Hoffman (Barbets, Starlings , Jays and Hornbills)
Some of the Softbills that you will see:
- Pekin Robins
- White Eyes
- Fairy Wrens
- Blue-faced honey eaters
- Asian fairy blue birds
- Bohemian waxwings
- Green Broadbills
- Greater leaf birds
- 12 Species of Fruit Pigeons and Doves
- 7 Species of Barbets
- 5 Species of Jays
- 10 Species of Starlings and Mynas
- 14 Species of Turacos
- 6 Species of Toucans, Toucanets and Aracaris
- 12 Species of Hornbills
And a lot, lot more
This DVD will also include a special section on the pioneering work that is currently being done in South Africa at the Mabula Ground Hornbill project with regard to the threatened Southern Ground Hornbill (Bucorvus leadbeateri) species. With less than 1500 Ground Hornbills left in the wild, this remarkable and poignant story will demonstrate how bird keepers help to make a positive contribution to modern day nature
This product is proudly endorsed by Avizandum birds for sale!